How we help to keep children safe
Our school leaflets for children.
Kent Police have produced a document which can be shared with children. It can be found here.
Children across the school learn about road safety and every year, our Year 6 children have the opportunity to take part in a Bikeability Road Safety Week, earning themselves certificates and ensuring they can be safe on the road when cycling.
Using the internet safely
The internet is a wonderful thing, but you must always be careful when using it. It can help you to keep in touch with your friends and help your education – but it can also cause harm – to you and to others.
Remember help is always available at school if you are having any problems online.
Don’t be afraid to talk to your teacher or another adult at school.
If you or anyone you know is worried about Child Exploitation, Online Protection or anything related to Internet safety please click the link below which will take you to the CEOP reporting website: CEOP
Tips for staying safe online:
1. Do not share your personal information
2. Think twice before posting photos online
3. Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4. Never tell anybody your password
5. Do not befriend people who you do not know
6. Do not meet up with people you meet online
7. Remember not everybody online is who they say they are
8. Think carefully about what you say before you post it
9. Respect other peoples views, even if you don’t agree it doesn’t mean you have to be rude
10. If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried, leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult
Helpful links to look at with your family