Road safety and parking
The location of our village school means we are very lucky to be surrounded by beautiful countryside. The only downside to this is that at times road safety is compromised for the children and we do not have a school car park.
There are various things in place to promote road safety including staggered start and end times to the school day day and our drop off service in the mornings.
In addition you can help as follows::
- Please do not reverse or turn around at the top of School Lane. This is really dangerous. Please do not drive into or park your car School Lane. There are limited spaces for the teachers to park and there is nowhere to turn around. You arr also at risk of blocking in our neighbours.
- Please do not park where the road narrows near Clare House in Frinsted Road. This causes a bottleneck of traffic, meaning parents have to reverse and this is dangerous for children getting out of cars.
- When walking in Frinsted road, please keep your children close to you at all times.
- Please drive carefully on your way to and from school and remain within the speed limit due to narrow roads and blind corners.
- Please think carefully about where you are parking and look to see if you are blocking any access for other cars to pass. As well as inconvenience to others there is a serious risk of emergency vehicles not being able to get through.
- Please park as sensibly as possible, thinking of other parents and neighbours.
- Please remember all parents are in the same position and the best thing we can all try to do is be as patient and conscientious as possible.
Our children take road safety very seriously and we have an official school road safety poster designed by Logan and a road safety leaflet designed by Imogen.